Friday, July 6, 2007

Catching Up...




Well, I have been falling behind on the blogging (in many other things, as well.) We have had such excitment and been busy all the time it seems.

Today, we are finishing up the Youth Congress. Tonight is the last service and then we will have fireworks. I think it has gone well. I have been staying in the nursery but the reports I have received is that all has gone well. There are lots of groups here and that is great! I plan to go to the service tonight and am excited about it!

Probably everyone has seen pictures from the churchwide picnic on Saturday, but I am including mine too. It was a lot of fun. Mark was sick and was not able to go. He did go early and set up everything for the preschoolers to enjoy, but he came home before the fun began.

After we ate, we had a water-war with Pastor. He had the preschoolers divided by boys and girls and gave them each a chance to throw balloons at him. He told them all they were going to get WET!

This was Pastor with the Preschool girls. He let all of them get balloons in their hands. He was going over and over the instructions. I think he was afraid of what was going to happen when it all got started.


The girls loved it! Pastor did too :)
This was down on the field with the big kids. He let each grade have a chance at him and he at them. They all had fun. Pastor said that he won!
I think he was the wettest!
Maddie had fun in the sprinkler and slip-n-slide.

...and the pool!
Playing with the parachute
This is the waterslide!
The girls are in line...on the top they both have a grey t-shirt on.

This is Abby at the top of the slide

We can't decide if this is Abby or Cassy but they both went down the slide and loved it. They both look so much alike, it wouldn't matter if we call this Abby or Cassy on the slide. This was the first summer that Cassy has went down.

What FUN!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Fowler,
I really enjoyed the pictures of the picnic. I am glad that you all had such a good time. Wish I could have been there. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am having a good summer. Enjoying it so much. Hope you have a great one too! Tell Abby that I am still planning on taking her fishing :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen Bartlett said...

This is so funny!! I don't think I've ever seen Pastor agree to something like that! I wish I could have been there to see it in person...but I'm glad you got some pictures :)

Joy said...

Oh, the slide! It is so much fun. I remember the first summer it opened all the staff and families went. It was freezing cold for one thing, but you were expecting at the time and didn't slide. Do I remember correctly? :) It was fun though!

The Pepin Family said...

I love the picture of Pastor and the girls with the water flying everywhere! And Cassy had the little butterfly necklace on, so that has to be Abby on the slide!!! :O)

thefaulkfamily said...

From the water spot marks on the pics with Pastor and the water balloons, it looks like you may have gotten wet too. :0)

I am with Angela, I think that was Abby on the slide. I thought that it looked more like her.

You got some great pics! you are putting the pressure on me. I feel ok about getting behind in my blogging - when my friends are too, but when you all are current on your blog...boy, do i have some work to do! :0)

Stephen Troell said...

Those first two photos are priceless!!!

Alicia Reagan said...

Oh how precious! These are the things that make me miss being there with all of you. It looks like a wonderful day for everyone -Pastor included!! Briley would sure love that water slide!

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying so much keeping up with y'all thru your blog. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Jeanene

Ans&Al said...

Just found your blog! wow...your girls are so big...they are adorable! nice to see you again...anson & allison van de kemp