Saturday, July 28, 2007

Visiting with Family

Mark went to the Sword of the Lord Conference this week in Walkertown, NC. He had a good time. Since he was gone, we went to Nashville to help my brother and sister-in-law get ready for the baby (she is due in October). We had such a fun week and we got a lot accomplished! We painted the baby room, painted letters for her name, painted a dresser, and painted and hung shelves. Here are a few pictures of the room....

The chair rail is not hung for these pictures but the room looks great!

While we were there, Derrick took the girls and my mom and I out on the lake in his boat. We had so much fun. We went tubing, swimming, and Abby even skiied with Derrick.



They each had a turn to be the driver...

They drifted away from the boat on the raft...the smile came when Derrick threw them the rope and pulled them back to the boat.

Abby did a good job with Derrick. She loved it!

We have more to post about but until later...thanks for stoping by!

10 comments:

Joy said...

I LOVE the baby room, especially the name. Are they each hanging by a ribbon, or is the ribbon painted? It is really cute...I want to do that. :)

Water-skiing looks like fun. I think I would like that, but I would be too scared. Abby is brave!

Stephanie Fowler said...

Joy - They are hanging with grosgrain ribbon. She bought cheap unfinished wood cabinet knobs and we painted them and she hot-glued a jewel on the knob. We hung the knob on a straight pin and pinned the ribbon in the wall also. It turned out sooo cute! If you want closer pictures let me know. I think you should do it too :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time...especially skiing! Good for you, Abby!

Jeanene

Jake and Amy Burkholder said...

Stephanie,
It looks like you had a great time. Tell Abby that she did a great job skiing. We miss you and love seeing your blog. Have a great day!!

Amy

The Bryants said...

What a great time! Go Abby!

Loved the pictures and can't wait for more updates.

PS-The baby room looks great too! Want to come over and help me get ready for Hudson? heehee!

Alicia Reagan said...

I'm glad that you are back home. I missed you!!:) I want to call you this week but we are having VBS so we'll see if I get a chance to chat!
The room turned out gorgeous! I have so many projects to do here you really need to come stay a few days...months! I am going to do those letters in the kids rooms. I have been saying that for a long time now haven't I?
Abby looks so cool doing that with Derrick! Briley will be jealous. She LOVES the water and is very gutsy. Not me!!
Love you!

The Pepin Family said...

Wow, Abby is brave! Looks like you had a great week...I bet your sister-in-law loves you! ;o)

ap

Anonymous said...

love it!!!!!!! abby must of had a blast!!!!!

John and Pamela Cabrera said...

That looked like fun! Go Abby! I don't know if I would have done it. I'd probably be too nervous!

I'm glad you are all doing well. We miss you all!

Pam :)

John and Pamela Cabrera said...

That looked like fun! Go Abby! I don't know if I would have done it. I'd probably be too nervous!

I'm glad you are all doing well. We miss you all!

Pam :)