Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Fowlers Go On Vacation...

The girls were excited to be at the ocean. The girl on the left is another one we can claim...she is Mark's sister's daughter, Jenna.

Well, we made it safely back to our home. We are glad to be back...but it was great to be gone. The Lord was very good to us and we received some much needed rest and relaxation. We also had some wonderful family time.

We started out in Nashville. Mark attended the funeral of Lee Waller. He was a student at Crown College. He was traveling this summer with the New Testament Church Pioneers http://www.newtestamentchurchpioneers.com/. He, along with two other students were ministering to pastors and churches in the west. They were on their way to another church and had an accident. Lee was killed. The other two boys were not seriously injured. Please pray for his family during this time.

While we were in Nashville, the girls and I were able to spend a few minutes with my sister-in-law and also see my brother. We were thrilled to see them even though it was for a very short time.
We spent the day on Saturday in Atlanta. We went to Stone Mountain for a few hours. The girls had a great time. I am including some pictures of them on the obstacle course.

It surprised us but they wanted to climb the rock wall. Abby made it to the top and Cassy was most of the way there.
We were able to be in church at People's Baptist Church on Sunday morning. We enjoyed our time there and were able to spend some time with Pastor McCoy and his family on Sunday afternoon. It was so nice and they treated us like royalty.

Sunday afternoon, we drove to Tifton, GA to be with the Berrys at their church. Jim asked Mark to preach and we had a wonderful time! We went to eat with them after church and enjoyed the fellowship so much! I wish I had taken a picture of us all together...oh well, I guess we will have to go back :)


The rest of the week we were staying with Mark's aunt and uncle in south GA. Not the typical place to vacation but it was so nice to be there. We were able to swim in their pool, fish at a friend's pond, attend a fish fry with Mark's family, and even drive and see the ocean (for a very short time because it began to storm just after we arrived). Mark was even able to golf a few times while we were away.
We truly enjoyed our time together as a family. I did not do very well capturing the events but we did get a picture of Cassy and Abby with their fish. This was father/daughter time...much to their delight :)


Thank the Lord for a wonderful week and a wonderful family!

7 comments:

thefaulkfamily said...

I love ocean pics. We went to the ocean too and can't wait to post them. The girls were brave to climb that wall - I would have hypervenalated. (i know that wasn't spelled right, but it wasn't in my spellcheck)

Alicia Reagan said...

Stephanie,
I am glad that you all made it back home safe and sound! It looks and sounds like you had a very good vacation. I'm glad...you deserved it!
Looks like the girls are pretty gutsy (rock climbing, obstacle courses, smelly fish)...tell them I am proud of them!!
Glad your back among the "bloggers":)

The Pepin Family said...

Your girls always look so cute, even fishing with Daddy! I love the pink culottes...did you make those??? And I still haven't heard the famous culotte-making story...too bad we didn't get to visit yesterday. We have to catch up...

ap

PS...I saw Mark today and he was talking about how refreshing your vacation was...I'm so glad you had a nice time!

Joy said...

I love the pictures from behind. I think they are so sweet, and seem to 'capture the moment,' even if it's just because you said, "Now, hold hands and walk." :) It makes a great picture. You all really fit in a lot in your vacation! It sounds like you had a lot of fun.

wilkersonhome said...

So glad you had a great time together as a family! Ocean pics are my favorite! (It was so good to see you again last Wed. on our vacation. :) )

Jen Bartlett said...

Hey Stephanie! I just came upon your site by way of Jocelyn's, and I can't believe how old your girls have gotten! They are so cute! I hope all is going well for you guys! Jen(Walker) Bartlett

The Bryants said...

What a great vacation! I grew up on the ocean, so the pictures made me ready for my own vacation! (We're going camping this weekend-that will surely be an interesting trip at 33 weeks!) I'm glad you had a fun and safe trip, and I'm glad you're back with us!