Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Graduate

Cassy with Mrs. Deeringer
Last night was one of those memoriable times that will last forever. Cassy graduated from Kindergarten. It is such a big deal. The program they put on is absolutely amazing. They begin with the academic things they have learned. They say many Bible verses and sing lots of songs. There are some humorous things included as well (i.e. "I don't know why she swallowed a fly").

They performed the "Three Piggy Opera." This included Little Red Riding Hood, Grandmother, the Big Bad Wolf as well as the Three Pigs, Huff, Puff, and some other winds, and an orchestra of pigs. It was very well done and very funny! Cassy was one of the pigs.

They also wore their cap and gowns and received a certificate from Pastor. It was quite an event. Cassy loved every minute of it and we did as well.


4 comments:

The Pepin Family said...

Love all the pictures. K-5 graduation is SO exciting...you can just see it on their faces! You have a lot of big stuff going on this week, huh? And with more to come! Sounds like you're having lots of fun. Glad to see the pictures of your brother and SIL.

ap

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie,

I was so excited to find your blog. I have had so much fun seeing pictures of the girls and Abby's class. Please tell her that I said hello. I was so inspired by your blog that I created one for Jake and I. You can find it at jakeandamysplace.blogspot.com. I hope that you can find it. We miss you all but are having a good time here in Washington. Please tell everyone that I said hello.

Amy Burkholder

Anonymous said...

Amy - It was so great to hear from you! I am so excited to see your pictures. I am glad we can keep up with you this way! I can't wait to show Abby. You will have to allow anonymous comments because for some reason it will not let me leave comments under my name. Several other people have problems as well.

Abby still talks about you often. She has the picture that was on your "Save the Date" announcement in a frame in her room. We loved having you for 1st grade. Glad you all are well. I'll check your blog often :)

Stephanie

Joy said...

Congratulations, Cassy! I know you are so proud of her.