Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Continuing the journey...

The Statue of Liberty
Well since I last posted (as usual), a lot has happened! We spent a week at my brother's in Nashville. Mark helped him in his house with an addition he is doing. The girls and I enjoyed spending time with Cindy and Hannah. I hate it...but I did not get any pictures of Hannah. She is such a cutie though.

We traveled with a quartet to PA, WV, MD, NJ, and NY. It was a great experience. We were able to see many things on our travels including: Philadelphia, NYC, Antietam Battle Field, Gettysburg, and Washington D.C. Some of these stops were brief but still exciting. We are thankful for the opportunity the Lord gave us to travel with those boys. We enjoyed them very much!

I am posting a few pictures from our trip but once again, I did not do such a great job at capturing all of our memories.
In Nashville, we went to a Science Museum. It was educational and fun :)
We were able to spend a day in Philadelphia. We saw the Liberty Bell and many other interesting things including the room where the Bill of Rights were signed.
We spent Saturday, Cassy's Birthday in NYC. What fun! This was a view of the city from the NJ side.
This was the Farris Wheel in Toys R' Us at Times Square. We were in the M & M Car.
Abby had saved her money from her birthday and from helping me at home. She had Molly's hair fixed at the Salon in the American Girl Store.
Cassy bought Elizabeth, from the Felicity Collection, with her birthday money. Abby bought Molly a new dress and some accessories.
The ferry ride out to Liberty Island to see the Statue of Liberty.
On our way home, we took about an hour and a half driving tour of DC. It was worth the extra drive!

We are thankful for our travels but are glad to have spent a couple of weeks at home :) There's no place like home!

10 comments:

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Looks like so much fun.... glad the Lord blessed your travels.

The Pepin Family said...

That's so awesome. What an experience for the girls! Bella enjoyed the American Girl part. Her grandma was talking about taking her while they they were there, but they ended up not getting to go.

Loved all the pictures!

Amanda Lapp said...

hey stephanie,
the pics looks nice of girls. i just started a blog this week. so here is my website that way it is easy for people to keep up with me while I am in ATL, https://alappylife.blogspot.com

I am leaving Knoxville in July 14th.
hope to see you before I leave

Anonymous said...

Great pictures once again! I had never heard of that cute American Girl Beauty Shop! -Wonder if that is because I'm the only girl in our troop!- :) Hope you all are able to enjoy a little down time now. You certainly deserve it! :)

thefaulkfamily said...

My kids have been asking me if they could go too Washington DC and the statue of liberty. What fond memories the girls will have. The american girl store must have been such fun. Did you know that there is a Kit movie that just opened in theaters. no, we don't go...i can't wait till it comes out on dvd.

Alicia Reagan said...

Hey friend!! I did not even know that you went with a quartet!! I am such an awful friend...I should actually call and catch up on you!! What fun for your family. You have had a summer that you will never forget. Jimmy is wanting to take me to New York for our 10th so I really hope it will work out! Briley LOVES American girl. She actually told me that this year she wants to have a Felicity party. I wish we could get your girls here for a suprise. She would die! I love ya and I will try to call when I actually have time to sit and talk!

Empty Arms Held High said...

Looks like you all had a great time. What a fun summer trip filled with education! I would have loved to go to the American Girl shop. How fun! I miss Abby so much. I can't wait until you get back so I can take her for icecream!

Jennie Bender said...

How wonderful, what a summer!

But, I must say, I am glad you are home! We have missed you!

The Bryants said...

What fun! The pictures bring so many memories! I was born in NJ, grew up in MD, and graduated high school in NJ. I still have family in MD, PA, and NJ. All through elementary school every year our field trips were to either D.C., the Baltimore Harbor, or NYC!

Joy said...

What a great trip! It's so neat that you saw the Liberty Bell and everything. But I must say the surgery/thing picture at the museum looks a little scary. :)