Friday, January 11, 2008

The funny things kids say...

Today, as Maddie and I were getting her ready for her nap, she said another funny thing. (background info: We have been talking to her about how Jesus was born in Bethlehem and about how Mary went on a long journey to get there and there was no room for them to sleep when they arrived. She has been telling us the story and it so cute.) So, I am telling her that I am SO thankful that the Lord gave her to me! She then said to me, "Were you scared?" I didn't know why she asked that so I said, "Scared of what?" She said, "When you went to Bethlehem?" My mind immediately followed her thoughts. She was thinking that I had traveled to Bethlehem to have her just as Mary had went and had Jesus. I just had to smile and explain that I did not go to Bethlehem to get her. It was a funny moment.

Last night after supper, we played Apples to Apples. We have enjoyed playing this together since the girls received it for Christmas. If you have never played you will have to understand how to play so you can follow this funny story. Each player has cards in their hand that have a thing, person, or place written on them (ex: the moon, Washington DC, river, last day of school, Abraham Lincoln, etc). The cards in your hand are red. One person is the judge and he turns over a green card which also has something written on it (ex: round, scary, sad, exciting, amazing, unhappy, etc). Everyone must vote with one of their red cards whatever they think is the best match. You may or maynot have a good match but you must put in a card. So last night, Mark was taking his turn to be the judge (it changes after each vote) and the green card was "long". We all put in our votes. He is reading the cards (he does not know who put in which card). I do not remember the votes but for the sake of the story, we will say fork, last day of school, and Pinnochio. Well, Mark choses the winner to be "Pinnochio." Noone speaks up that it is their card. Finally, Cassy realizes that it was hers but she thought the word was "Pinichilita" (which is not really even a word, which made it even funnier) It was so funny that she had won the vote with an appropriate card but didn't even know what it was. We had already been teasing her that she won the game before without even knowing how to spell or read a lot of the words. It was a fun time for the family. (Sorry, the story was so long and may not have even been funny if you weren't there. I almost decided in the middle of writing it that it was not going to be funny but I had already typed so much of it that I just couldn't erase it!)


Enjoying A's on the report cards:

I took the girls after school the other day to Krispy Kreme to get their free donuts for their all A's on their report cards. It was so fun. We enjoyed watching them make the donuts. It was fun for them to be rewarded for their hard work!

I remind myself that these are the greatest days of my life, enjoying the little things with my children!

13 comments:

wilkersonhome said...

Yeah for all the A's! Yeah for donuts! Yeah for games! Yeah for Stephanie going to Bethlehem! (Maybe, you'll really get to go there one day! ) :)

Alicia Reagan said...

That was a very funny story!! We learned to play Apples to Apples with Jamin and Joy. It is a very fun game. There are some goofy combinations you can come up with!
I am impressed that you have 2 posts in such a short amount of time!!:) I am just teasing you. I love reading about your precious family.

The Pepin Family said...

I am impressed too...after I clicked on the link to your blog and while waiting for it to open, I had the thought, "Oh, she just posted something recently, so why am I checking it now?" :) So I was rewarded when I saw you had posted AGAIN! Is this a record???

I LOVE both stories, but I can really relate to the funny word thing...Bella is always coming up with words like that. So sweet and so fun!!!

The Pepin Family said...

Okay, I know I have no room to talk, but I'm going to update mine within the next 24 hours...I promise!!! :)

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

So cute what Maddie said....I love her facial expression in the picture of all three girls. She looks like she definitely got all A's!

Anonymous said...

Loved the cute stories. Maddie's question was very intellegent. Even though we don't go to Bethlehem to get our babies, "getting" them is SCAREY!!! :)The Martin family just introduced us to Apples to Apples. Great game! Congrats on the A's!!! Love you all!

John and Pamela Cabrera said...

I love the funny things kids say. Mine come up with some real gems, too! I'll have to get that Apples to Apples game - it sounds like something we would really enjoy.

Stephen Troell said...

Precious little cuties with their Krispy Kreme hats on! It is a good thing they don't favor their father! Just kidding!

Julie said...

Very cute post!

Tom & Kandice Keegan said...

Such a cute story. I can't wait until Aiden is old enough to say funny things like that. We love playing Apples to Apples too. Good to see you're all doing well.

Joy said...

Apples to Apples is too much fun! And I think those kind of memories are what your kids will remember most.

Jase Divens said...

Very funny! We really like Apples to Apples, or almost any of those games for that matter.
Great family memories!
Jeanene

thefaulkfamily said...

please don't post anytime soon - that way, i don't feel so bad about not posting. :)