Monday, October 8, 2007

T-Ball


I have mentioned in a couple of posts about Cassy playing t-ball. She played on a team that Mark's brother coached. My niece Emilee also played on the team. Abby was too old but they let her be the "bat girl." They even purchased a team shirt for her.
Abby, Cassy, & Emilee

Cassy enjoyed playing very much. We hesitated at the committment because it meant that we had something every evening of the week: Monday - Prayer Meeting/Visitation, Tuesday - t-ball, Wednesday - church, Thursday - piano lessons, Friday - t-ball. We decided to let her play and she did love it (we enjoyed it too!).

It was quite comical to watch them chase after the balls that rolled in the outfield, hit the ball, and even just run the bases. It provided some good entertainment. We were able to meet some new people also. It was just all good!They gave out trophies after the last game this past Friday night. I thought it was so cute to see them lined up anxiously awaiting their name to be called. Cassy is #11 and Abby is #00. Those of you that know Lauren Pauley, she is #3. She is beside Cassy in the team picture. Dakota Gearin also played, she is #2 (all the way to the right in the front of the team picture.)It was rare to see Maddie sitting on the bleachers but I was able to capture this picture. She loved playing around in the dirt. Our bathtub has never seen such dirty girls!

We ended the night and the season with some cupcakes. Chocolate and icing is always a good combination with dirty faces and dirty hands. (I just try not to think about all of that!)

T-ball ended up being something we all enjoyed!

9 comments:

The Pepin Family said...

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed that...how fun! We have certainly enjoyed seeing Braden play. I'm excited (but not as much as Braden) that soccer is starting at school this week. I'm going to try to see a little bit of the girls playing v-ball too...that is going to be hilarious!

Funny, the first thing I thought of when I saw the cupcakes was the dirty hands eating them! At the middle school soccer game on Saturday, I took a picnic lunch for the kids, but I forgot to bring hand wipes or paper towels. They had already been playing in the dirt by the time I got their with their food. I poured some water from their drinks onto their hands, but then I had to make myself not think about it! Ugh!

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Looks like a great time. I love the picture of the girls lined up. I can relate with the every night thing. When I changed my calendar this month, I cringed to find that we only have one Monday night free for the whole month. Oh well, at leat we're busy and not just sitting around!

Anonymous said...

Hi fowlers!!! I just found your blog through the Boyers page. It is soooo cute!!!! Stephanie, can I hire you to decorate my house??!! The girls have the cutest rooms!!! You can check out our web-page through babyhomepages.net I just started it about a month ago. Take care!!:)

MaMa Vaughn said...

Hey I do not know if you remember me. I used to be Sarah Creed. I am now Sarah Vaughn. I always worked in the nursery at Temple. I went to Crown. I found your blog while looking up some of my friends. I remember you were always kind to me. Thanks.=) Your girls are growing up. They are adorable. I have a brand new blog now. Come see it. Cheesecakeluvrs4life.blogger.com

The Bryants said...

Go Fireballs!! :)

Alicia Reagan said...

How fun!! The kids thought the team looked really "cool"! Ballparks can be fun summer places (if the parents will be good). I used to love to go as a girl.
What fun memories!

Stephen Troell said...

Glad to see the girls are having fun -- and Mom and Dad too! We miss y'all!

Joy said...

Fun, fun! I played softball for six years as a teenager. I have a LOT of good memories from that. I think it will be really fun to watch if our kids play sports later on...if I can control myself. :)

wilkersonhome said...

Fun, fun! Enjoyed the pictures! Our boys played baseball for the community this summer. Here, there is one team per town, and towns are at least 30 minutes apart. It was challenging to keep up, but fun.