Saturday, September 22, 2007

Big Girl Bed!

Wow, another week and a half have past again with no post! I knew I was not going to do very well at this. I still enjoy reading everyone else's posts though :) I'm glad you all do better at posting than I do!

We took the baby bed out of Maddie's room this week. Talk about sad! My baby is in a big girl bed. I just can't believe it. It doesn't seem possible. We put it off as long as we could, she is 2 1/2. She stilled loved her bed so we kept her in it this long. I think it was time though. We have not really had a chance to see how well she is going to do because she has had croup since the first night in the big bed. I think she will do fine in it...a harder transition for me, I think.

I am attaching a few pictures of her room with the baby bed. I loved her room. Oh well, I guess it is time to move forward.

This daybed is what she is sleeping on now. Not sure what we are going to do about decorating. I can't really leave this cream chenille quilt on the bed for her. It would not be cream long, I am sure. I will have to let you know where we go from here :)

I will post more later...how much later? You never know!

9 comments:

Alicia Reagan said...

I am proud of you for updating your post! I love reading about your life:) Oh, a decorating dilemma...whatever shall we do? I have those quite often!! I need you here with me Steph!!
Congratulations to Maddie for being a big girl now. I know whatever you figure out will be beautiful!
Love ya!!

The Pepin Family said...

I've always been in love with Maddie's room, but I am sure whatever you decide to do will be just as beautiful!

What a big "yea" moment for Maddie. Every time I hang up any of Bella's clothes, it makes me a little sad because she has moved from the little hangers to the grown-up hangers. So sad...

ap

Jake and Amy Burkholder said...

Yea!!! to Maddie for sleeping in the big girl bed. The room is beautiful and I am sure that your next idea will be great. Tell, Abbie that I said hello and we miss you all so much. The other day I was having a "I miss Tennessee" moment and was thinking of everyone there. Have a great day!!!

Amy Burkholder

Jen Bartlett said...

Such a cute room...all pink and frilly...I'm definitely wanting a change from blue, blue, blue next time around! I know how you feel about your baby growing up...although at this point, mine is just moving from bottle to sippy cup :o)

Joy said...

I'm not quite a mommy yet and already dreading the growing up. I love the room. You are a great decorator, my hero! But now you can start over again and have just as much fun!

Alicia Reagan said...

Sometimes I wonder...what number of child will be my baby. Number 7? Number 10? Number 34? Okay, I am scaring myself!!:)Oh well, they are cheaper by the dozen.
Just had to add all this because it just popped in my head!

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog the other day. This has been so fun catching up with everybody via blog. Sorry, I haven't written back-so busy.

I love the letters and the colors. Beautiful room. We'll be praying Maddie gets better from the croup. That can be pretty rough!

The Bryants said...

Her room is precious! Right now we're working on getting Havana into her own room and changing the younger girls' room a bit. Hmm...could use some help decorating! :)

I want to hang a blanket over Hudson's crib...did you sew the ribbons on Maddie's blanket and tie it to a curtain rod? I'm not sure where to get quilt hooks. Help!

A {Perfectly} Pampered Mama said...

Hey Stephanie! I found your blog through Amy's. It's great and Maddie's room is so adorable! Also, thanks for the encouragement you have been during this wee worship thing!